But wait – I want to make positive changes in my life. Isn’t that self help? Is my resolution a contradiction? I don’t think so. I’m no longer paying anyone to tell me how to do and what to do. I must discover these things for myself. And for the most part – I think I know how and what to do.
And no amount of money spent, words read or listened to will actually do anything towards my feeling my core desired feelings: Light, Pleasure, Open.
What will? Consistently doing the things I know that will help me feel those ways:
- I feel LIGHTer when I consistently
- Stop eating when I no longer get pleasure from the food. (2 feelings, one stone!)
- Am open enough to laugh at myself (another 2-fee!)
- Give myself permission to do silly things (blow bubbles)
- Finish projects
- Get my stuff done
- I feel PLEASURE when I consistently
- Do what I say I’m going to do (walk, Barre 3, cook, journal, etc)
- Take time to pamper myself
- Take time with one of the cats
- Make my home office peaceful
- Make my work office (cube, let’s be honest) is peaceful
- Knit with exquisite fiber and needles
- I feel OPEN I am consistently
- Honest with my loved ones about my particular needs.
- Honest with myself
- Let myself feel without being embarrassed
- Hear others
- Practice gratitude
My goal for the year – word for the year – is Consistently. It describes how I want to to live my life.
By the way – I tweaked my core desired feelings some –
Light is still key. I want to feel light in body, spirit and mind. It’s not always achievable, but I know I can feel that way most days.
I settled on Pleasure when I realized I really want to feel the way I do when I take that first bit of Key Lime Pie at Dan’s Grill in Blairsville GA. (yes, that’s a plug – it’s the best Key Lime Pie I’ve ever eaten and it makes me swoon). That first bite makes me smile all the way down to my toes. I want more of that in my life. And I want to learn to get it without food! (Delicious isn’t a feeling, or that would be my CDF)
And Open is new. It’s also hard. It’s the pathway to having integrity and love in my life, so it’s critical. It’s time for some walls to start coming down.
How do you want to feel in 2015? How are you going to get there?