I didn’t spend as much time with pen and paper this past week as I would have liked to – but I did do some thinking and I realized that the words trust and integrity actually fall under the word peace for me. I can’t feel peace if I’m not acting in a way that builds trust in myself and others. And I can’t feel peace if I’m not acting with integrity. It boils down to the cliche: “Walk the Talk”
So, to simplify – I’m definitely selecting PEACE as one of my core desired feelings.
And for this week, I’m trying on some new words: Sexy, Satisfied and Open.
Sexy – this isn’t just about winding up in bed for a nice romp with DH. No – it’s so much more. Sexy is attractive, appealing, confident, strong, feminine, full. All of those words resonate with me.
Satisfied – full, content, grateful, happy
Open – I’m sort of forcing this one on me and it will likely change to something that isn’t forced. This addresses an immediate need to tear down a wall that I through up in a booze-laden rant this weekend. I undid in 2 minutes, all the work DH and I had done in the past several weeks to build our openness with one another. I need to be open so we can get ourselves back on that path.
And that’s it for me with desired feelings – for now. I love the fluidity of this!
But now – what am I going to do this week to feel the way I want to feel? Most of the ‘to do’ list will take care of PEACE.
- take a walk today, do Barre 3 exercises at least 2 times this week. (Strength)
- Drink water (vibrancy)
- Assess my clothing – does it make me feel good when I wear it? Get it out of the ‘now’ closet if it doesn’t. (Feminine, attractive)
- Eat in a way that makes me feel really good and happy (Full)
- Eat in a way that makes feel really good and happy (yeah, it’s on the list twice – it’s important)
- Pause at least once a day to count my blessings (grateful)
- Keep looking for the moments that bring joy (happy)
- Open the door to make it safe for DH to discuss the rant and it’s impact on him and our marriage