I’m reading (& actually doing the exercises) Danielle LaPorte’s The Desire Map. The basis of the book is that if we aligning our goals with our desired feelings, we’ll likely have more success in meeting the goals.
I worked on feelings some yesterday and so far, here are some of my desired feelings:
I want to feel
- trust – while working through the workbook, a theme kept coming up – I wanted to be considered a ‘go to’ person. I wanted people to trust me to do the job, the right way. And then it got personal – I wanted to trust myself. I want to trust that I can do the right thing for me.
- peace – I’ve discussed this before. I desperately want to feel peace with myself, my body and the world around me.
- desire – this word has so left my vocabulary. It’s been so long since I’ve felt true desire for anything or anyone. I want to change this.
- excited – I want to be excited about my work, my hobbies, my marriage (not necessarily in this order) and myself.
- vibrant – I actually want to tingle with the vibrations of life. That sounds hokey, but it’s the only way I can describe it
This list is morphing. I’ll be editing and possibly changing some of these. Right now, though, I just want to sit with these.
Happy Boxing Day!